I actually get excited by the amount of things I GET to do. I deliberately try to think of my work as get to do, rather than have to do. It is privilege to work with the professional I interact with on a daily basis. I am also glad the work keeps coming, but I admit, I do have to keep lists.
Here are a few items the DTL Office is working on before the end of the year to start 2017-18 set for success:
- Articulating and Prioritizing Strategic Plan Learning End Results from April Strategic Planning Meeting
- Creating Teaching and Learning Priorities-At-A-Glance
- Aligning and Developing Early Release Professional Learning Days to Learning End Result and Learning Priorities
- Reporting out to Board of Directors Academic Committee
- Adding new dates and new forms to the Professional Growth and Evaluation Guide
- Updating the Teaching and Learning Handbook
- Planning Schedule and DTL Office Involvement in New Faculty Orientation
- Planning Schedule and DTL Office Involvement in All Faculty Orientation
Ok, that is enough--otherwise I would spend my whole time making the list and not crossing off items. I love to cross off items on the list. I also love to collaborate with other people to get the work done!
June 2 Professional Day
Please find the link the June 2 Professional Learning Day HERE
Survey Reminder
If you met with Tania Lattanzio during one of the planning sessions or after school sessions, please provide your feedback HERE.
Professional Learning and Development Request Form
In order to better understand the time commitment teachers are planning for their professional learning opportunities, the AISC Request form has been revised. HERE is the REVISED Professional Learning and Development Request Form. The only change you will see is the addition of adding DATES AWAY FROM SCHOOL (including travel dates). The REVISED form is updated on this blog and on the AISC Moodle Staff Portal. Going forward, please use this form.
Wellness at AISC
Are you interested in seeing what more is happening with wellness at AISC and in Chennai? If so, click here to stay updated. We have lots of exciting events planned so be sure to check in! Remember to stay Mindful in May!
Worthwhile Reading
NPR story on W.A.I.T. = 3 minutes of strategies for teachers to better serve quite students. Article and Podcast LINK HERE
Drew Perkins talks with Kath Murdoch about her work and creating a culture of inquiry in schools around the world. Podcast LINK HERE
Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment