5 Things That Are Harder Than Working On Atlas

When President Obama was asked by Buzz Feed to make a PSA (public service announcement) about registering to vote, rumor has it that he came up with this idea himself.  I am not sure how much of it was to his credit but the final product was a self-deprecating video explaining everyday-things more difficult than registering to vote.  Examples include: how to win at the game of Operation, making friendship bracelets, or naming all the deceased Game of Thrones characters. According to Obama,  all are more difficult than registering to vote in the United States.

On Wednesday, the AISC faculty will gather together to work on Atlas Curriculum Mapping Software and I am feeling, like Obama, that Atlas is not that difficult.  There are many things more difficult in teaching than Atlas.  Examples include: learning all of your students names (especially difficult in High School); remembering a new daily schedule, or starting class after Winter Holiday break.  I will work to make Atlas as easy to use and as relevant as I can.  All I need you to do is show up with an open mind.  Below is what I am asking of you for the meeting.  No additional preparation is expected.

Agenda for Wednesday August 10, 2016  
3:45-5:00 in the FAC

  • Bring your laptops
  • Bring your Atlas login information
  • Sit by grade level teams (ES) or departments (MS & HS)--if you are in more than one grade level or more than one department, you choose which one, there will be an opportunity to move.
  • Await instructions on the To Do List (provided at the meeting)


Two developing areas for the Raptor Way Blog

AISC Professional Learning Opportunities 

  • Adaptive Schools Foundation Seminar on September 6-9*--if interested email your section Principals or Dan Love's email from more details.

*dates for the seminar were incorrectly stated on the community calendar for February 1-6.  Correct dates are September 6-9, 2016


Coaches Corner


No comments:

Post a Comment